Facebook You Tube Twitter Linked google+

Information Center

Custom Clearance

Documents required

 Copy of Passport (the page showing photo)
 Copy of Visa and/or Work Permit (for foreign citizens only)
  Inventory (original) , valued, dated and signed by the Customer (Prepared by Leo)
  Signed declaration, stating the imported goods are the owners personal effects
 Signed declaration, stating the imported goods are not subject to any customs restrictions (e.g. drugs, weapons, etc.)
 Customer's declaration that no taxable high value goods (such as alcohol, tobacco, coffee, tea, guns, etc.) are in shipment. Such goods must be listed separately and will be taxed.
 Health Certificate may be required (only certain cases)
 Customs clearance Power of Attorney Form authorizing Destination Agent to act on behalf of the customer in liaison with Customs
 Foreign diplomats need a Certificate from the Embassy or Consulate
 Power of Attorney

Customs regulations

 Used household goods are duty-free if Customer has resided at least one year abroad, if the goods were owned by Customer over six months and will not be sold for a minimum of one year
 Power of Attorney

Dutiable/restricted items

 New items (less than six months old) invoice required
 Inventory must detail exact number and size of bottles, exact alcoholic strength in percent, and value of each bottle.
 Tobacco, tea, coffee, toilet waters, perfumes, etc.
 Foodstuffs in large quantities (do not recommend shipping with household goods)
 Electronic items such as computers, videos, stereos, etc. (must show serial number and have purchase invoice)
 Duplicate appliances or electrical equipment may be assessed high duties
 Large amounts of handicrafts

Prohibited Items

 Drugs and narcotics
 Live plants (need special Import Permit)
 Any protected animal or species, dried plant or items of historical significance (ivory, snakeskin, leopard fur, pre-Colombian items, etc.)
 Pornographic material
 Certain types of meat
 Absinthe, methyl alcohol and pure alcohol
 Radioactive material
 Wine, grape juice and other various foodstuffs and consumer goods in large quantity

Motor Vehicle

 Admitted duty-free if Customer has lived abroad for over one year, has owned and used the auto for a minimum of six months, if brought in for personal use with household goods and will not be sold for one year
 Cars must be inspected before licensing, comply with destination country technical and environmental regulations and require modifications
 Documents required:
  • Proof of ownership
  • Car documents
  • Driver's license
  • Owner's passport
  • Insurance record from country of origin
  • Third-party liability insurance that begins with Customs clearance
  • Declaration of Customer that no high value goods are in car
  • Origin Registration and copy of title
  • Commercial invoice, if new vehicle
  • It is highly recommended that the Customer informs the Destination Agent of all auto details prior to importing.


 Dogs, cats and canaries permitted with Health Certificate issued by a licensed veterinarian describing the animal and stating that the pet is free from rabies and contagious diseases
 Health Certificate is valid ten days from the date in which it was issued (20 days for pets coming from non-European countries)
 All endangered species and exotic animals are prohibited
Test Data
Physical Survey Leo Packers